WS-04E Water Siren
Protect your home, cottage, or office from costly water damage with an alarm sensor that provides an audible alarm and can also connect to an alarm system or automation system. The WS-04E Water Siren lets you receive alarm notifications effectively and with ease. It’s ideal for use in a sump pit, behind appliances, under water heaters or on basement floors. This normal open contact will close upon sensing water. Comprised of two components; a monitoring unit/siren and a water sensor, this system works to ensure that your attention is captured before the leak can spread. Use these alarms near toilets, sinks, water heaters, sump pumps, or washing machines. The peace of mind factor alone is well worth the small investment.
When water is detected by the attached water sensor, it’ll sound a 90-decibel bell warning. Its dry contact output can optionally be connected to an alarm panel or a telephone dialer like the TempAlarm Dialer Pro (FA-900E). It can either open or close an alarm call-out, turn on a remote light or trigger another external siren.
The alarm output makes it perfect to integrate with the Freeze Alarm Deluxe, basic phone dialer or an alarm or automation system!
This device can continue going off for a period of 72 hours straight on a fully charged 9V alkaline battery. In the event of a low battery, the siren will chirp every 30 seconds to notify you.
The Water Siren’s battery compartment can keep the battery dry in up to ½” (1.3cm) of water.
The WS-04E replaces the WS-04.
WS-04E Water Siren Specifications
- Compatible with the TempAlarm Dialer Pro (FA-900E)
- Built-in 90 decibel alarm
- Can sound continuously for up to 72 hours on fully charged 9V battery
- Normal open contact that closes upon water detection
- Auxiliary output is normally open and closes contact when the alarm is triggered
- Battery can last up to two years depending on use (We recommend replacing after an alarm, or annually)
- Splash and water resistant
- Operating temperature: 32 ° to 120 ° F (0 ° to 49 °C)
- Operating RH: 80% RH (non-condensing)
- Aux. Alarm Relay: 120VAC resistive up to 500mA or 24VDC up to 1amp
- 1 Year Limited Warranty